The Milestone 1 developer release of OpenBazaar 2.0 is available and Milestone 2 will be released in early April!
Here is a recap of the capabilities of the Milestone 1 release:
Milestone 1 Summary
This release is meant solely for developers and those building or intending to build on top of the OpenBazaar platform. You can read more about what the release entails here.
Since this is a release meant for development, the functions available in Milestone 1 are very minimal. They include:
- Users can download and install the client and server from Github, and use it to fill in their profile, store info, and post listings
- The network can host listings, stores, and user profiles
- Users can follow and unfollow
Here is what’s been happening in the OpenBazaar development universe so far in March:
- Managing a variety of pull requests (PRs)
- Small patches and changes on the front and back end
- OB1 Co-Founder Dr. Washington Sanchez has secret project that has been turning out way better than he expected. Make sure you bug him on Twitter to try to get more information out of him on this one.
- Development of the new OpenBazaar.org website is almost complete
- Settling into our new project management system to be able to pin down & announce a full release date for Version 2.0
- Interviewing for a new front end development role
- Getting healthy as some of our team has been dealing with various winter illnesses. Good thing spring will be here next week!
Are you a developer who wants to get involved in this early stage of Version 2.0 development?
Get the details here!
Want to start RIGHT NOW buying and selling with Bitcoin using Version 1.0?